Movies, movies, more movies and some other stuff...

Monday, July 9, 2007

More movies...

Sunday, I saw a movie on the Sundance Channel called Kadosh, about 2 women struggling to live & love w/in the confines of Orthodox Judaism in Israel. The movie title translates into English as "Sacred." It's very depressing and slow, but I kind of appreciated the slow feel considering how fast-paced current American movies are. On another note, I found it interesting how Sundance seems to totally be going "green." It's gratifying to see more eco-friendly programming popping up on TV.

Also, last week sometime, Ken & I caught a doc on the History Channel (of all stations!) about the Christie's Star Trek auction in 2006, called Star Trek: Beyond the Final Frontier. It's amazing how crazy some Trek fans are. Christie's completely underestimated them - many of the items sold for 10x as much as they projected. Ken & I think of ourselves as fans, but I don't think we'd shell out a half million dollars for a model of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D from TNG! Well, maybe if we had half a million bucks to spare...

No comments: