Movies, movies, more movies and some other stuff...

Saturday, July 7, 2007

La Mome

While Ken was playing Guild Wars online w/ his brother Ed & friend Joel, Susan & I saw La Vie en Rose at the Angelika. I liked the movie, but thought the nonlinear editing was excessive & disjointed, altho I think the film almost redeems itself at the end when everything comes together in a moving & surprising way.

Here are the lyrics to my favorite Edith Piaf song, "Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien" (translated):

No, nothing at all, I regret nothing at all
Not the good, nor the bad, it's all the same.
No, nothing at all, I have no regrets about anything.
It is paid, wiped away, forgotten.
I am not concerned with the past, with my memories.
I set fire to my pains and pleasures,
I don’t need them anymore.
I have wiped away my loves, and my troubles.
Swept them all away.
I am starting again from zero.

No, nothing at all, I have no regrets
Because from today, my life, my happiness, everything,
Starts with you!

No comments: