Movies, movies, more movies and some other stuff...

Friday, October 5, 2007

Why we shouldn't fight

Ken & I watched the documentary Why We Fight last nite & I would definitely recommend it - it's an excellent examination of how we got into the Iraq War. I'm grieved but not surprised that the RT rating is not as high as it should be. The doc brings up an idea that's been coming up more often recently, but that I've been saying for decades already - that America now is in a situation analogous to the fall of Rome. I love this country but I think we really need to do something about our imperialist policies in order to prevent a downfall similar to the decline of Rome. This movie really made both Ken & me think about becoming more active instead of just passively complaining about the political situation & yet doing nothing.

No comments: