Movies, movies, more movies and some other stuff...

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Trek




I've been Tivo'ing Classic Star Trek lately and I've gotten to watch quite a few episodes I've never seen before, like The Return of the Archons, which is a definite must-see. And I also got to show Ken my favorite episode, The City on the Edge of Forever, which Ken had never seen before. He pointed out a lot of similarities to The Terminator, which I also love, and what do you know, it turns out that Harlan Ellison wrote the screenplay for that Trek episode (altho there seems to be some controversy about that) and he was also a big (initially uncredited) influence on John Cameron's screenplay.

Also, we're pretty excited to see what the new Trek movie will be like. It's an odd-numbered movie, which is a bad sign, but it's going to be directed by J.J. Abrams, which is a good sign. But there were rumors that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck would be playing the roles of young Kirk and Spock!!!! I would seriously, seriously have to hurt someone if that ever came to pass.

1 comment:

solargun said...

Maybe they should go ahead and cast J-Lo as Uhura. While they're at it, they might as well cast Jason Lee as Sulu and Kevin Smith as an adult Tribble (round and hairy).