About a week ago, Ken discovered a very small mass by Shelley's right ear that I thought looked just sort of like a pimple, but Ken was worried, and rightly so. We had it biopsied & it turned out to be mast cells, so the doctors recommended surgery, which he had yesterday morning. He got thru the surgery fine, but he sort of looks like a large animal bit him on his head. (No, Ken has not been nibbling on Shelley's ear in the middle of the nite.) He looks extra pathetic b/c he has to wear an Elizabethan collar for 10 days to prevent him from tearing at his stitches whenever we're not around to supervise him. And what's really sad is that now he gets really scared whenever I pick him up and carry him around, b/c he's afraid I'm taking him to the vet again, but when he realizes I'm just putting on the E-collar, he's totally docile and doesn't even try to fight it :(
Movies, movies, more movies and some other stuff...
Thursday, June 7, 2007
Shelley's Surgery
About a week ago, Ken discovered a very small mass by Shelley's right ear that I thought looked just sort of like a pimple, but Ken was worried, and rightly so. We had it biopsied & it turned out to be mast cells, so the doctors recommended surgery, which he had yesterday morning. He got thru the surgery fine, but he sort of looks like a large animal bit him on his head. (No, Ken has not been nibbling on Shelley's ear in the middle of the nite.) He looks extra pathetic b/c he has to wear an Elizabethan collar for 10 days to prevent him from tearing at his stitches whenever we're not around to supervise him. And what's really sad is that now he gets really scared whenever I pick him up and carry him around, b/c he's afraid I'm taking him to the vet again, but when he realizes I'm just putting on the E-collar, he's totally docile and doesn't even try to fight it :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment