Well, Tuesday afternoon I came down w/ the flu & I was totally out of commission for several days. I'm feeling better now but am still not totally recovered. When I'm sick I usually like to lie down on the sofa & watch comfort movies like The Princess Bride or Ladyhawke. This time around I watched a BBC series called North and South, not to be confused w/ the '80s mini-series about the American Civil War. This one takes place in England (hm, here I go again w/ my obsession w/ all things English) & is based on the 19th century novel of the same name by Elizabeth Gaskell, which I read & liked. The TV series wasn't quite as good as Pride and Prejudice, but it was pretty good.
Movies, movies, more movies and some other stuff...
Friday, November 9, 2007
Flu Blues
Well, Tuesday afternoon I came down w/ the flu & I was totally out of commission for several days. I'm feeling better now but am still not totally recovered. When I'm sick I usually like to lie down on the sofa & watch comfort movies like The Princess Bride or Ladyhawke. This time around I watched a BBC series called North and South, not to be confused w/ the '80s mini-series about the American Civil War. This one takes place in England (hm, here I go again w/ my obsession w/ all things English) & is based on the 19th century novel of the same name by Elizabeth Gaskell, which I read & liked. The TV series wasn't quite as good as Pride and Prejudice, but it was pretty good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
your anglophile obsession explains why you married me... for my aquiline nose..!
Post a Comment