Movies, movies, more movies and some other stuff...

Monday, June 9, 2008

Italy and the Holocaust


Susan & I have been working on a project at work about the unknown story of how Italians saved thousands of Jews during World War II. Tonight we attended a reception for the project at the Italian Consulate and they screened the trailer I cut for the documentary we hope to raise enough funds to make. Above is a photo of the internment camp at Campagna, Italy. You can immediately see the difference between this photo and the horrifying images you see all the time of Auschwitz, Buchenwald and other concentration camps. While the government and the Vatican officially went along with Hitler's plan, the Italian people and many priests and officials helped save the lives of over 40,000 Jews. It really is an amazing story.

1 comment:

solargun said...

It's very hot inside the Italian Consulate. I was sweatier than an Italian meatball.