Movies, movies, more movies and some other stuff...

Friday, July 25, 2008

Dark Knight


Randy, Susan, Ken & I saw Batman last Saturday. I definitely liked it, probably the most out of everyone. It's long and over packed with extraneous stuff, but I like that it explores heavier issues of morality. In some ways, I think in tone mostly, it kind of reminds me of how I felt watching Superman Returns, which so many people seemed to dislike, but I really liked. Yes, the acting was poor & what's-her-name's hair was just puzzling, but I loved how it showed Superman's struggle with being a god-like figure, whereas most films/shows like to stress his humanity. The most interesting superhero movies are the ones that deal with how they can reflect/represent our ideas of the best & the worst in human beings. This Batman does same, but his way is by, instead of being the god-like hero, being the dark hero who can do things that humans don't want to get their hands dirty doing.

No comments: