This weekend my brother Chun, Ken & I spent a lovely time at my parents' house to celebrate my bday & I ate too much as usual!
I've been pretty busy at work the past week but we still managed to see a few movies. The Simpsons Movie was funny but slightly disappointing. The Bourne Ultimatum was really good, altho I'd still give a slight edge out to The Bourne Supremacy, b/c Karl Urban's such a cutie & he's a great villain in that movie, & also b/c the car chase at the end is just fantastic. Ultimatum didn't really have any great bad guys - they were all good, but there was no one great bad guy. The editing is incredible tho & I also really like how it harks back to the first 2 movies, giving Bourne's character & the movie as a whole more emotional resonance. Also, on DVD we saw Shinobi, a Ninja romance my friend Joyce recommended, that was kinda cheesy but fun & beautifully shot. Speaking of Ninjas, I'm obsessed w/ that Ninja Warrior show. Just good fun.
I've also caught up on some reading. I read The Eight, another recommendation from Joyce, which was like a female Da Vinci Code about chess instead of art. And I'm just about done w/ The Foreign Student, a novel about a troubled Korean man who comes to Tennessee right after the Korean War & his relationship w/ a troubled American woman. It's a bit clumsy at times but quite beautiful.
Movies, movies, more movies and some other stuff...
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
bourne ultimatum > bourne supremacy
frodo > karl urban
i'm going for total victory...
Post a Comment